Sense the Impact of Your Words and Actions on Others
- Do your part to keep morale up. As much as possible, make others feel good about themselves andtheir work.
- Make sure that joking is never offensive and that kidding is never demeaning.
- Before responding to a situation, listen closely to others in order to fully understand all sides andaspects of an issue.
- If you realise you've been insensitive, say you're sorry. Remorse makes a difference; ask any judge.
Show Respect for All
- Don't label, don't pigeonhole, and don't prejudge anyone.
- Be consistent and fair in your treatment of all people.
- Recognise that differences enhance the workplace, contributing a rich mix of experiences andviewpoints.
- While appreciating the uniqueness of each individual, also focus on commonalities, the core valuesthat draw everyone together.
Keep Critiques Constructive
- Criticize actions, not people.
- If you need to address a problem with an individual, find a time and place to hold a confidential,one-on-one discussion.
- Make sure a criticism includes specific suggestions for desired improvements.
- In addition to negative feedback, point out positive behaviours that you've observed.
Don't Let Your Emotions Escalate a Crisis
- Work to remain calm and objective in times of stress
- Briefly remove yourself from an adversity if you feel you may lose your composure. Return whenyou have put the situation in perspective and can react effectively to deal with it
For more information, please contact us:
- T: + 61 2 9936 9000
- F: + 61 2 9936 9036
- E: email@example.com