Handle Conflict in a Direct and Effective Manner
- Don't ignore conflict, thinking it will disappear, it won't.
- Don't expect a conflict-free workplace, some discord is inevitable and constructively dealingwith it will create a more productive work environment.
- Listen carefully to all viewpoints in a disagreement. Define the problem. Then begin theprocess of resolution.
- Explore multiple options. Then resolve differences with solutions that are acceptable to allinvolved parties.
Encourage Cooperation in order to Reap the Benefits of a Strongly Unified Group Effort
- When recognising outstanding performance, go beyond the acknowledgment of individualsuccesses. Give equal emphasis to team achievements and effective cooperation among teams.
- Validate the importance of each and every team member's contribution.
Learn to Collaborate on Team Decisions
- Practice the art of compromise when making decisions, creating win/win situations.
- To gain support for decisions, involve the team in considering alternative approaches. Strivefor consensus in order to increase commitment to the final decision.
Establish Team Objectives
- As much as possible involve the team in formulating goals consistent with, and supportive of,the overall mission of your business. Also solicit input when planning the implementation of thegoals.
- Make sure everyone understands the team's goals, as well as their role in attaining the goals.
- Keep everyone apprised of team progress.
Develop Group Dynamics that bring out the Best in Everyone
- Recruit individuals with talents that will complement the skills of other team members.
- Capitalise on each person's strengths and experiences to create a potent team.
For more information, please contact us:
- T: + 61 2 9936 9000
- F: + 61 2 9936 9036
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org