- Don't make promises that you can't, or won't, keep.
- If circumstances beyond your control affect a commitment, make sure those involved areinformed about the situation.
- If you agree to keep certain information confidential, keep the promise. If you have any doubtsabout whether you can abide by the agreement, don't enter into it.
- Some confidences are implied. Follow your conscience.
- Know which company records are open and which are classified.
Be Honest and Forthright
- When asked difficult questions, give truthful, straightforward answers whenever possible.When it's not possible to share information, explain the reason.
- Take responsibility for your mistakes. Don't make excuses or try to place the blame on others.
- Keep your actions consistent with your words. Show character in both.
- Meet deadlines, keep appointments, be on time or be prepared with a sound explanation.
- Take a stand for your beliefs and values.
- Be certain that you can defend your actions based on the highest, best intentions.
- Lead by example.
Encourage Organisation Wide Ethics
- Acknowledge others for making ethical choices. Promote high standards of behaviour fromeveryone around you.
- Know your organisation's ethical policies. If a specific policy does not exist for a situationyou're facing, and you are in question about the course to take, consult with your boss and other.
For more information, please contact us:
- T: + 61 2 9936 9000
- F: + 61 2 9936 9036
- E: email@example.com