Zero in on the Main Points
- Clearly define an issue's key elements before pursuing steps toward a solution or course of action.
- Assemble all the pieces involved in a business matter in order to clearly analyse the bigpicture.
- Stay on track when researching an issue. Avoid spending time on material that is irrelevant tothe goal at hand.
- Read and analyse company reports, budgets and financial statements relevant to the matterunder consideration.
Take a Broad, Comprehensive Overview of the Situation
- Anticipate problems or potential difficulties. Weigh these against expected benefits.
- Consider both the short and long-term effects of a proposed action.
- Know the long-range objectives of the business and make sure decisions are consistent withthose plans.
- Take into account all pertinent data and alternative approaches.
- Evaluate the impact your decisions will have on co-workers and clients. Take theirperspective in reviewing the issue.
- Consider the lessons of history, circumstances of today and projections for the future.
- Know your competition.
Come to a Workable Conclusion
- Draw practical applications from the provided information.
- Be able to logically explain your rationale for a decision.
- Formulate a plan that others can easily understand and support
For more information, please contact us:
- T: + 61 2 9936 9000
- F: + 61 2 9936 9036
- E: email@example.com