In Making Plans and Making Decisions, Know When It's Time to Take Action
- Avoid snap decisions when possible. Spend a reasonable amount of time analysing alternatives. Then make your move.
- Become accustomed to making quick decisions on routine business matters. Then get on with other concerns.
- Recognise when sufficient facts have been gathered to make an informed decision. Don't delay beyond that point. Make a call.
- Don't hold up a project with constant waffling and indecision.
- Communicate fully the terms of a decision and its ramifications. Let others know that negotiations are over for now and that the present intent is to make the plan work.
- Don't allow fear of a wrong move to hamper your actions. Know that you can make adjustments to,even reversals of, your plan later if necessary.